Sunday, August 29, 2010

all the kids have always known that the emperor wears new clothes.

okay! so major news. my sister is officially married. and it was one of the coolest, funnest, proudest, saddest days of my life. I was one of the groomsmen (the pink one). I was in all the crazy wedding photos and such. and it was a lot of fun actually. like I said, it was a sad/proud sort of day. I mean, it's my sister. so of course I'm gonna be happy for her. but at the same time, I never thought she'd get married so fast. seems like only a few weeks ago she started dating this guy. I blink and now they're on their honeymoon and she's getting ready to move out of the house! mind blowing. now it's just gonna be me and brother at home. and it's only a few years before even that changes. so yeah. like I said, I'm super happy for her! like, I know what she did today was the right thing to do, and I'm glad I've got them to look to as an example for what I want to be doing when I'm their age. and like I said, it's a sad day for me. she's one of my best friends and I love her to death, even though I don't say it nearly as much as I know I should. but today at the family dinner, it just sorta hit me. "she's married and off on her own". and I just started crying like a baby. in front of everyone! and I almost never cry at stuff like this! I didn't cry at my oldest sisters wedding. I think mainly because I knew I had another sister hanging around the house. and also when my parents started giving their speeches about the bride and groom. and my dad started getting all teary. and that REALLY got me going, because I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen him cry in public like that. and my mom told a really neat story. she said when my sisters were little, she used to tell them a story when she'd tuck them in at night. and she would say that just like she's tucking them in, as big as the world is, somewhere in it there's another mom tucking in a little boy that's gonna be the one worthy enough to take them to the temple where they're supposed to be married. and after I heard that, I told myself I was gonna be one of those guys that was going to be worthy enough to take someone's daughter to the temple.

so I guess I'm sorta sad I won't see my sister everyday like I'm used to. but this was gonna happen sooner or later. and I'm glad she married who she did. he's a responsible, caring, funny guy and I know he's gonna do all he can to take care of her. and if he doesn't, he's got a world of hurt coming his way. but like I said, I'm SO glad they got married in the temple. because they're really happy together, and now they can be like that for the rest of their lives and even longer. and the reception! what a hoot. not too large. not too small. perfect size. cozy and whatnot. it was super nice. and..I think I'm about done now. she's married. I'm proud of her. I'll miss the heck out of her, but I know she's doing what's right with her life. and now whoever reads this is probably gonna think I'm a giant puff for confessing to all this stuff haha.

ps. to whoever reads this (if there's anyone at all). sorry it's taken me so long to write again!

No comments:

Post a Comment